You can get hashtag suggestions for your Instagram photos and text - right inside Buffer and the Buffer browser extension.
IMPORTANT: If you registered with Buffer for RiteTag or any RiteKit products, there is a problem with their API for authentication. It would be better to use Twitter or email for login to RiteTag, even if you will use RiteTag in Buffer. Here's what to do:
- Login as usual, with Buffer.
- Add email and go through the email confirmation steps after checking emails or, add a Twitter account in RiteKit Settings and make the Twitter account a login option.
Here's how the RiteTag Pro extension works in Buffer, Twitter, Instagram, and Hootsuite. It works with all social media networks and publishing tools:
1) Firstly, you will need to have the RiteTag extension for Chrome or Firefox installed. Here's how to use the Chrome extension in your Vivaldi, Torch, Brave, Opera, Dolphin, Yandex, Puffin, and Microsoft Edge browsers.
2) Start a new post in Buffer or the Buffer browser extension with or without caption, then upload your image.
3) Right-click the image and select Generate Hashtags.
4) Close the image and click the Copy button to copy all hashtags to your clipboard.
Note: when you right-click on your image to Generate Hashtags from the mouse options, your Buffer post disappears. This is how Buffer works and something that we cannot control.
Solution: make your hashtag choices, hit Copy, then the X in the RiteTag popup. Then, click in your Buffer post, and paste your hashtags below the caption for your Instagram upload.
5) Paste the hashtags below your caption and schedule!
NOTE ON THE BUFFER UI: If you find the image/post disappears when you use RiteTag for hashtag suggestions, note that in Buffer any click away from the post creation modal has the same effect. This is how Buffer works.
What's quicker is to use RiteTag in the Buffer browser extension, in which this doesn't happen.
Note that you can also right-click images in any web page for the Generate Hashtags solution, even if you didn't upload the image to a Buffer, Hootsuite, Later, Tailwind, Sproutsocial, Viraltag, and all other desktop Instagram publishing composer.
Everything above is for RiteTag X Buffer; RiteBoost does far more than hashtags
Instead of hashtag suggestions only, if you would like a one-step solution for image, author-attribution, auto-hashtagging, auto-emojis and even the option to place your self-branded advertisement (text, image or video ad) on URLs in your posts, please see this tutorial on RiteBoost X Buffer: