Using the RiteTag browser extension, I show how to get and add hashtag suggestions by highlighting a word or block of text, or clicking on an image, including one you're uploading to a Tweet or any social update and then right-clicking for hashtag suggestions. The hashtags are color-graded based on real-time engagement, saving lots of research time.
NOTE: The quick video below shows the previous RiteTag hashtag suggestions modal (popup). The current RiteTag extension is far faster to use since you see all the suggestions without scrolling, select what you want, copy, and close the modal.
The quick video below shows using the just updated RiteTag Pro extension with both Hootsuite and Buffer. It works with all social media networks and publishing tools, including Twitter.
A) Hashtag Suggestions for Images
1) Upload your image to a Tweet and when the image preview appears, right-click on the image and select "Get Hashtag Suggestions."
2) Get hashtag suggestions for any image in your computer by using the camera button to the right of the search field.
HINT: The relevancy and number of hashtag suggestions for images depends on how much visual information is in your image.
3) You can also right-click on images in other peoples' Tweets in Twitter (or any other site) for the Get Hashtag Suggestions option.
How to set your RiteTag browser extension to a language other than English for hashtags for images.
NOTE: This does not affect the highlighted text > right-click for Hashtag Suggestions solution.
- Login to the RiteTag extension if you're logged out. A subscription to RiteTag (paid) is required, and you need to always login with the same social profile or you will not access your paid RiteTag account.
- Right-click on the RiteTag browser button and select Options.
- Choose from the many languages that the RiteTag extension will use when providing hashtag suggestions for images you right-click on.
- For more, see the full tutorial on how to switch languages.
B) Hashtag Suggestions for Text of your post
Highlight a word in your Tweet or a block of text anywhere, right-click and select Get Hashtag Suggestions.
TIP: This works best with 5 to 25 words. Too much text = too many hashtag suggestions.)
See Basic Mechanics, in the full RiteTag Extension Tutorial for instructions on:
- Copy and Search features
- Open/close the Hashtag Bar
- Navigate through your last searches
- Compare the hashtag suggestions
How to get hashtag suggestions in Hootsuite
How to get hashtag suggestions in Buffer
How to get hashtag suggestions in Onlypult
How to get hashtag suggestions in Tailwind
How to get hashtag suggestions in Later
How to get hashtag suggestions in Zoho
How to get hashtag suggestions in Schedugram
How to get hashtag suggestions in eClincher