Firstly, you will need to have the RiteTag extension for Chrome or Firefox installed. Here's how to use the Chrome extension in your Vivaldi, Torch, Brave, Opera, Dolphin, Yandex, Puffin, and Microsoft Edge browsers.
Using the RiteTag browser extension, I show how to get and add hashtag suggestions by highlighting a block of text or clicking on a photo, including one you're uploading to a LinkedIn post. The hashtags are color-graded based on real-time engagement, saving lots of research time.
NOTE: The quick video below shows the previous RiteTag hashtag suggestions modal (popup) - now "Generate Hashtags." The current RiteTag extension is far faster.
The quick video below shows using the updated RiteTag Pro extension within both Hootsuite and Buffer. It works with all social networks and publishing sites, including LinkedIn.
A) Hashtag Suggestions for Images
1) Start a LinkedIn update by uploading your photo, and when the image preview appears, right-click on the photo and select "Generate Hashtags."
2) Generate hashtags for any photo in your computer by using the up arrow button to the right of the search field.
3) You can also right-click on photos in other peoples' posts (or photos in any other site) for the Generate Hashtags option.
B) Hashtag generation for the text of your post
Highlight a word in your post or a block of text anywhere, right-click and select Generate Hashtags. (Highlight up to 25 words for best results.)
See Basic Mechanics, in the full RiteTag Extension Tutorial, for instructions on:
- Copy and Search features
- Open/close the Hashtag Bar
- Navigate through your last searches
- Comparing generated hashtags based on real time engagement analytics
How to get hashtag suggestions in Hootsuite
How to get hashtag suggestions in Buffer
How to get hashtag suggestions in Onlypult
How to get hashtag suggestions in Tailwind
How to get hashtag suggestions in Later
How to get hashtag suggestions in Zoho
How to get hashtag suggestions in Schedugram
How to get hashtag suggestions in eClincher