You can get hashtag suggestions for your Instagram photos right inside Sproutsocial.
JUST ADDED: The RiteTag extension's hashtags for photos solution shown in the video below also works with all web to Instagram direct publishing and scheduling solutions, including Sproutsocial's - and all the others, too! Just follow the instructions for desktop-to-phone Instagram scheduling in the video for use in direct Instagram desktop upload solutions.
NOTE: The quick video below shows the previous RiteTag hashtag suggestions modal (popup) - now "Generate Hashtags." The current RiteTag extension is far faster.
The quick video below shows using the RiteTag Pro extension (latest version) within both Hootsuite and Buffer. It works the same in all social publishing sites, including Sproutsocial.
1) Firstly, you will need to have the RiteTag extension for Chrome or Firefox installed. Here's how to use the Chrome extension in your Vivaldi, Torch, Brave, Opera, Dolphin, Yandex, Puffin, and Microsoft Edge browsers.
2) Start a new post in Sproutsocial and attach a photo to your post, then click the image thumbnail to open the full-size photo:
3) Right-click the photo and select "Generate Hashtags"
4) Copy any hashtag by clicking it and copying or, copy all with the Copy All button on the right side to copy all hashtags to your clipboard. Then, crop and/or apply a filter and Apply, then Save, or just click the X to close the full-size photo.
5) Paste the hashtags to the Caption section of your post
6) Set scheduling time and save. The post will send you a phone notification at the time you designate, for easy upload to Instagram!
You can also right-click photos in any web page for the Generate Hashtags solution, even if you didn't upload the photo to a Sprout social or other publishing composer. Also, there's a button beside search, on the left side on the RiteTag Hashtag Bar, for getting hashtags for any photo in your computer: the up arrow button.
See Basic Mechanics, in the full RiteTag Extension Tutorial, for instructions on:
- Copy and Search features
- Open/close the Hashtag Bar
- Navigate through your last searches
- Comparing generated hashtags based on real time engagement analytics