Your go-to solution will be to just install the app, let RiteTag serve up hashtags by notification after you upload photos to Instagram
- Install the RiteTag app for iOS or Android
- Open the app and go to Hashtags for Instagram tool via menu in the top left corner
- Tap on Sign in with Facebook and approve all dialogs shown by Facebook (there will be several of them). This will give RiteTag permissions to load and post comments on photos from all your Instagram Business Profiles. Be sure to toggle to "on" the "manage your pages" option when authorizing RiteTag through in the Facebook authorization process.
- When you post a new photo to Instagram (natively or via any app), RiteTag generates hashtags and sends you a push notification when they are ready.
- Tap on the notification to select the hashtags you like and post them all as a comment to your Instagram photo in just one tap!
NOTE: your Instagram account will need to be Business, not Personal, to use this solution. Here's why and how to switch your Instagram account to Business.
If you wish to keep your Instagram account personal, scroll down to "how to get hashtags for your Instagram photo."
Not getting access to your Instagram Business Profiles?
You need to allow access to "manage your pages" when authorizing the RiteTag app through the Facebook authorization process:
Not getting push notifications?
- Make sure your phone is not in a Battery Saver or Do Not Disturb mode
- If you have Huawei / Honor phone, make sure RiteTag app is enabled in Ignore Battery Optimization settings
- Double check that push notifications are enabled inside RiteTag app for each of your Instagram account
You can also get hashtags for photos manually with RiteTag mobile
- Install the RiteTag app for Android or the RiteTag iOS app
- Open the RiteTag app
- Tap Clear to remove the default text and image
- Tap Pick image and choose the image you plan to post to Instagram
- Optionally add a caption of your photo to improve the hashtag suggestions
- Tap Suggest hashtags
- You'll get your hashtag suggestions, starting with Instagram -only hashtag suggestions. Below you'll see the greens and blues which are good for all social networks: Instagram as well as Twitter, Pinterest, Facebook, LinkedIn etc.
- Tap hashtags to select as many as you want and hit Copy
- In Instagram, start an image upload and in the caption field, paste the hashtags
Note: the Hashtag Suggestions for Images feature is available to RiteTag Pro customers.
Using a Instagram desktop publishing or desktop to phone notification solution?
The RiteTag browser extension integrates with all of them. Here are the tutorials for those.
Working on your Instagram account and engagement on your desktop?
Getting hashtags to use as a comment on an Instagram post with the RiteTag browser extension
Remember, if you have RiteTag Pro, you also get full use of the site and the browser extension (Chrome, Safari, Firefox). Here's the always-updated browser extension tutorial.