Adding a RiteBoost CSV Source
Step 1: +New Formula (top-left), then select the first column by clicking on the column heading, 'A'
Step 2: Go to Format > Number > More Formats > Custom number format
In the text box, enter MM/dd/yyyy HH:mm or dd/MM/yyyy HH:mm (depending on which format you would like to use to enter times), and click Apply. This will ensure that the times that you enter follow the given format.
Step 3: Enter your updates, following the rules mentioned above
Step 4: Find the spreadsheet in RiteBoost Bulk Creator by its name when you +New Formula
Pro Tip: What to do when your CSV file contains more than 100 lines, but RiteBoost Bulk Creator loads just 100 posts?
- +New Formula > select CSV.
- Enhance and schedule any/all of the 100 posts you get.
- Delete the CSV Formula (click the Formula name on left side of Bulk Creator, then, below the opened Formula, Delete Formula)
- +New Formula > select the same CSV but choose "from line" and start with the line number that's one after the last post you processed.
- Repeat steps 1 through 3 until you've processed all the posts in your CSV file.
If you are receiving a processing error or unexpected results, run through the following list of common errors
- Wrong date format selected in the dropdown.
- Hyphens used instead of slashes in the time.
- Updates with times that have already passed: the CSV scheduling feature will ignore any updates with expired times. It will also show you a notification after processing the entire file if any updates were ignored. Make sure you're using the timezone that you specified in Settings.
- Escaped punctuation: you should not escape punctuation in the update text (often, spreadsheet editors will escape characters for you automatically). The best place to edit your CSV file before uploading is a simple text editor, like Notepad. If you see unexpected slashes and other punctuation marks, then this is probably the problem.
- Missing comma after the update text: this comma is required regardless of whether you are including the optional URL. You can cross-check this by opening the Sheet in a text editor.
- Commas in the URL: although this is very rare, you should make sure that no commas appear in the URL.