There are two ways to use RiteBoost in Hootsuite:
- Just get the RiteBoost Hootsuite app to get RiteBoost Enhance options from the 3 dots in Hootsuite columns.
- Also get the the RiteBoost browser extension for the RiteBoost Enhance Wand below the Hootsuite main publishing field, and to do everything shown in the video below.
In this video, I show RiteBoost automatically doing all the visual and attribution enhancements that are needed for social to stand out and get action:
For Enhance (the wand) right below the Hootsuite main publishing field you'll need both the RiteBoost browser extension and the Hootsuite RiteBoost app:
- Login and get the RiteBoost browser extension from the bottom of RiteBoost.
- Also install in Hootsuite, then refresh the browser tab with Hootsuite.
- In the main publishing field, paste/type your post with URL and hit the wand.
- You can also Enhance from the three dots under any post in a Hootsuite column.
Where you'll be using RiteBoost features in Hootsuite
A. Under the main update box:
- The wand does what you set your default Enhance Preset to do in RiteKit.
- The gear beside the wand options options to select a different Enhance preset or choose a different CTA, create a GIF from text and much more.
B. From the three dots or down-arrow expander (depends on your version of Hootsuite) next to any post in a column in Hootsuite:
TIP: Whether you're using the Extract images from links option or the Create image/GIF from template option, your image will appear at the bottom of your browser, ready to be dragged in to the Hootsuite publishing field, which senses images that are dragged in:
What you can do with Enhance
- Enhance is your solution for two relevant and reaching hashtags, and when possible, an image, too.
- Create a quoted text image, attach and put "quote" marks around any three or more words and then select Send to RiteBoost and Enhance to create and add an image from your Image/GIF Templates.
- Add your self-branded CTA to pages shared with the ow.ly created by Auto-Enhance automatically by setting that up here (be sure to have the top two boxes ticked).
- Add Twitter author attribution.
- More on Enhance is here.
Using Rite.ly with RiteBoost in Hootsuite
The RiteBoost browser extension provides a one-button social fix: two relevant and reaching hashtags, and when possible, an image, too. That's Enhance. I also show the power of using RiteBoost with Rite.ly (either Rite.ly Free or Pro), to embed your self-branded call-to-action (CTA) as video, image or text on pages you share socially.
You can also use Rite.ly with Enhance and get your CTA baked into the URLs of pages you share. Rite.ly is the URL shortener with lots of analytic and a highly customizable appearance. Video CTAs, text and image popups, sound effects and the ability to place the CTA in any of four locations on the pages you share in posts to social profiles.
BONUS: your RiteBoost extension is not just for Hootsuite.
Enjoy RiteBoost in the websites and browser extensions of Sproutsocial, Buffer, Hubspot, Sendible, Facebook, Tweetdeck, Twitter, and in all sites that offer social media publishing via the browser extension. In most sites, you wont see the wand. Just get your post ready, then right-click and select Enhance with RiteBoost from the mouse options.
Here's what I get when I right click in a post in Tweetdeck, to select my Enhance preset, "RiteKit Bubbles GIF":
What this Enhance prepares for me:
What the Tweet looks like in Twitter:
PRO-TIP: Modify your default Enhance preset with "Extract image from link," but also create Enhance presets for clients, with their brand logo and color/font scheme GIF and also, at least one Enhance with GIF template preset for your own brand.