The video below shows using the just updated RiteTag Pro extension with both Hootsuite and Buffer. It works with all social media networks and publishing tools.
TIP: the hashtags for image solution also works with all web to Instagram direct publishing and scheduling solutions, including Hootsuite, Buffer, Sproutsocial, Tailwind, Sendible - and all the others, too! Just follow the instructions in the video for desktop-to-phone Instagram scheduling.
Getting hashtags to use as a comment on an Instagram post with the RiteTag browser extension
Instructions follow for:
- How to get hashtag suggestions for images
- How to get hashtag suggestions from hashtags
- Get Hashtag Suggestions for a word, an entire Tweet or, everything you paste in a Tweet field (Twitter, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Buffer, Sproutsocial, etc.)
- Hashtag suggestions for a block of text
- Hashtag Comparison pages, organized hashtags by color grading
- Basic mechanics and use of the RiteTag extension
- Links to specific tutorials for web-to-phone Instagram notification integrations
TIP: take a minute to learn how to understand and use hashtag color grading.
1. How to Get Hashtag Suggestions for Images
This is great for Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook and other highly-visual networks. Works with all web to Instagram direct publishing and scheduling solutions as well as desktop to phone notification Instagram scheduling solutions.
Mouse right-click on any image, anywhere, including images you've uploaded to Tweets or even to the RiteTag Hashtag Suggestions modal (popup).
2. How to set your RiteTag browser extension to a language other than English for the hashtags for images feature.
- Login to the RiteTag extension if you're logged out. A subscription to RiteTag (paid) is required, and you need to always login with the same social profile or you will not access your paid RiteTag account.
- Right-click on the RiteTag browser button and select Options.
- Choose from the many languages that the RiteTag extension will use when providing hashtag suggestions for images you right-click on.
- For more, see the full tutorial on how to switch languages.
Test hashtags for images, including your own (the Upload my image button), on the Dashboard. If you're in the RiteKit site, click "Hashtags" at the top.
3. Get Hashtag Suggestions for a word, an entire Tweet or, everything you paste in a Tweet field (Twitter, Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, Buffer, Sproutsocial, etc.)
Just type or type in the Tweet field and hit the RiteTag button that will appear. Note that if you have an Instagram account selected for scheduling (such as in Buffer or Hootsuite), your button will not become active. This is just for hashtags for text.
4. Hashtag Suggestions for a block of text
Highlight a phrase or sentence (a small block of text, say, 2-30 words), right-click and choose the Get Hashtag Suggestions for Text option, and you get them, not for a word, but an entire block of text.
5. Hashtag Comparison pages, organized by color-grading
Get Hashtag Suggestions, and either Select all, then deselect some or, select those you want, then use the compare button on right side of the RiteTag browser extension's Hashtag Bar:
Use the bookmark button at the left of the hashtags to send to the Save or Compare footer to save a TagSet.
PRO-TIP: Need to pass comparative hashtag data to a colleague? Those hashtag Compare Pages are viewable by anyone, even non-RiteTaggers. Test it with the Compare Page shown above.
For example, here's the hashtag comparison page for #contentmarketing #contentstrategy #content #digitalstrategy. It was made by typing those four hashtags in the save/compare field at the bottom of the RiteTag site:
Also, you can just type #contentmarketing and a space in any field (search box, Tweet/update field, etc.) in any site, and get alternate hashtags and the Compare option, which gives you this hashtag comparison page.
6. Basic Mechanics and Use of the Extension
Open/close the Hashtag Bar by clicking on the RiteTag browser button
With this little improvement, you might not even want to block RiteTag on some sites. When you do, of course, there's the X, far right in the Hashtag Bar. Use it to open the Hashtag Bar to use the manual search feature, too.
Get Hashtag Suggestions for any image in your computer with this button
This feature is in the RiteTag mobile application, too, for those with RiteTag Pro.
How to paste hashtags to your post
Navigate through your last searches with < and > buttons to the left of the search field in the Hashtag Bar.
Manually search by opening the Hashtag Bar with the browser button and using the search field on the left side.
Compare the hashtag suggestions: the button shown below will open a new browser tab with detailed analytics and options for TagSet saving and further research.
You can also right-click images in any web page for the Get Hashtag Suggestions solution.
7. Using an Instagram desktop scheduling/publishing solution, such as Hootsuite, Buffer, Sproutsocial, etc,? RiteTag hashtags for images integrates with it!
Here are our tutorials for all of them, followed by other RiteTag/social publishing solution integration tutorials.
Top choices for desktop Instagram publishing:
How to get hashtag suggestions in Hootsuite
How to get hashtag suggestions in Buffer
How to get hashtag suggestions in Onlypult
How to get hashtag suggestions in Tailwind
How to get hashtag suggestions in Later
How to get hashtag suggestions in eClincher
How to get hashtag suggestions for Instagram in Zoho